Yesterday I enjoyed a seriously good breakfast bowl by Graze at one of my favorite local studios, Studio Three. The Banana Cashew bowl had a little bit of lime, offering a refreshing balance to the creaminess of the cashew/banana blend. Loved it.
So today I decided to make my own version of the bowl by subbing out the fancy (+ high-cal) granola for raw rolled oats. Also, instead of agave, I smashed a handful of blackberries + drizzled tart cherry juice concentrate to give my meal natural sweetness. Finally, I added a small handful of fresh edamame (I know it sounds strange but trust me!) + chia seeds to boost the bowls protein + fiber content. The end result was a sweet + satisfying mini meal that helped keep me full for the rest of my afternoon.
Serves: 1 - 2
- 1/2 cup raw rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dairy-free yogurt (I used So Delicious coconut milk yogurt, unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. edamame, fresh
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries (feel free to use any berry - fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp. tart cherry juice concentrate
- 1/4 fresh lime
1. Mix in oats, chia + edamame into coconut milk yogurt
2. In a separate bowl, smash berries with a fork. Add into the yogurt mixture.
3. Squeeze lime over mixture + add tart cherry juice concentrate.
4. Place mixture into fridge. Let sit for ~4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!